ULC Fire Alarm Monitoring Sarnia
ULC-Listed Certificate Service S561-03 Standard & Monitoring
It is now common that most cities and municipalities require that any occupied commercial premises, including residential high- and low-rise multi-tenanted buildings, be protected by a fire system, and that the fire system must be monitored and serviced by a ULC-listed alarm company. This Process ensures that the proper responses and procedures are followed when fire alarms, fire troubles, and fire supervisory alarms are received, and that your system is always in good working order.
Here at A-1 Security Systems Sarnia we offer the leading industry ULC-listed fire alarm monitoring systems and services that utilize the latest IP and GSM technology. Our technicians are trained in all aspects of installation and service, and the mandatory inspection of fire monitoring systems.
ULC lists alarm companies to determine compliance with ULC standards and Nationally recognized codes. Once a company goes through this evaluation process they are then capable of issuing certificates within their listing category. These certificates are generally issued when mandated by a requesting body to ensure compliance to National Standards. ULC certificates can only be issued by ULC listed companies
- ULC Certificate Services programs are utilized by AHJs, government bodies and the insurance industry to verify appropriate levels of protection, performance and on-going maintenance. Key benefits to these groups include:
- ULC Certificate indicates that the installation is inspected, tested and maintained by the Listed alarm service company.
- Provision that all components of a program are in place and the system is included in the ULC database
- Third party auditing of companies in the program results in a level playing field for all participants and provides a comfort level that ULC is auditing alarm companies
- Knowing that alarm and monitoring companies are being audited assists insurance companies and regulatory authorities in deciding their manpower involvement in conducting their own monitoring and acceptance of companies
- Knowledge that ULC will investigate any issues that may arise with certificates or listed alarm companies, and report to the certificate requiring body.
- Once an investigation is completed to assess compliance with applicable program requirements and Canadian National Standards, the alarm company is then ULC listed and authorized to issue ULC certificates to those premises that comply with the requirements for the specific classification of service. Listed clients are published in ULC’s Online Directories of Equipment and Materials
Certificated alarm systems are required to be maintained under the care and inspection service of the issuing alarm service company. A ULC Certificate indicates that the installation is inspected, tested and maintained by the Listed alarm service company. While it is important that installing companies be listed, it is even more important to request that an individual system be certificated and subject to ULC’s annual inspection process to assure code compliance.
ULC certificate listings include only those alarm sytems covered by an active, unexpired certificate. An alarm service company that has been listed by ULC under the service is not obliged to issue certificates on all of its systems. Only systems covered by a certificate can be inspected by ULC in accordance with program requirements.
Simply give A1 Security Sarnia a call to get your ULC Monitoring In Place .